Saturday, 1 October 2011

One for the men!


Good morning and welcome to October ..... yikes, another month gone!
It's time for a new challenge over at St Luke's Charity Card Challenge and this month it's all about the men in our lives :)

Create a card with a masculine theme, man or boy,  for whatever occasion you like, and be in with a chance to win this fabulous package of goodies from the lovely ladies at ....


The prize contains :
My Mind's Eye Limited Edition 6x6 Double Sided Paper Pad - Dwell
East of India Pale Pink Ric Rac
Inkadinkado Mini Stamp - Thanks

Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop - New Sprout

Ranger Liquid Pearls - White Opal

K&Co Glitter Chipboard Alphabet - Smitten
K&Co Amy Butler Lotus Embellishment Jars
Creative Expressions Decorative Pins - Cream Pearl


You have to agree that's a pretty generous collection :)

You've had a sneak peak already so here is my masculine card for inspiration .....

I've gone for the classic 'wine lovers' theme and used the rich muted colours for the Play Date Cafe on my card which meant I had to use a coloured card base, something I admire in other cards but hardly do myself!

Oh I'm also entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Challenge....it's 'Anything Goes' this week and who wouldn't like the chance to win a $50 store voucher?? they are also trying for 1000 entries this week!

So please sort through your stash, make a guy's card, and join us this month.
Don't forget that fantastic package of stash you could win too :)

Thanks for your visit X

Jenny

32 comments:

  1. Another fab card Jenny! Ooh how I would love to have a glass of wine right now.... but it is still a little early here yet, I'll wait unitl hubby gets home from work this evening and have a glass with him over steam fish......Yummo!
    Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Jenny! Those rich colours are perfect for the wine lovers and masculine themes and I think your coloured card base is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you popped up the vino bottle Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, this is fabulous!! Love the wine theme and the layout! Your wine scene is just perfect, especially with the popped up wine bottle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. another brilliant card, jenny! love the gorgeous, rich colors that you used... perfect for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny - what a fabulous card, and I really like the way you've used PDCC's colours (I'm finding them hard!). Lovely texture on the cream card and I think the image looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jen, this card is lovely, I love the image with the word border. Will get my thinking cap on for those boys!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card for a guy love your image and the colours are fantastic...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous `grown up` card Jenny. Love the colours too, very rich.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very awesome card. Your design is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Jenny :-) I love the image and the wine text strip is fab , is that a stamp ?

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your coloured panel, it really packs a punch on your CAS layout!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jenni, your card is wonderful! I love how you interpreted the challenge, taking so much detail and still keeping it CAS. That inspiration photo is something else...happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a really gorgeous card Jenny - such a great image and useful for many occasions and ages.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the rich colours on this card, Jenny, and your gorgeous colouring on that stamp. Is it a Woodware stamp?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jenny, You've used the colours brilliantly and it's suitable for men and women I think, love it, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Jenny, lovely colours and really nice with a coloured background. Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the wine glass and bottle image and the way you popped the wine bottle up. It looks great on the coloured card base! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Regal, rich, elegant, perfect for a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Totally fabulous card, love it,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect card Jenny! x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card, Jenny. I love those rich colors, and all the special touches on this card. The colored card base is perfect, too. :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the warmth of this card jenny, such a great idea for a "men's" card and i love the dimension you have used on your layers creates such a cool shadow line ... good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fab card Jenny :o) Great colours and design, love the image you've used. The coloured base looks perfect hun! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Jenny, such a sweet card...perfect for a guy! great use of the Play Date Cafe colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another winning card - I love LOVE the colour choices!
    Oh, and I agree with your comment. If the mice would stay AWAY FROM MY KITCHEN I'd be much happier. Ug.
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Marvelous card Jenny...perfectly masculine!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful! Love the clean lines and that fabulous raffia accent! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOWOWOW! I love this card! What a great idea and stamp set to use for this color story--you nailed each color! You rock!!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats on your PDC top 4, I've got the perfect card for this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Brilliant Man card i have a stamp very similar never been used ooops now i know what to do with it thank you for sharing your great design Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...