I was so excited to have won a 'Perfect Princess' badge at Freshly Made Sketches for this card on Tuesday and then yesterday I found out I have been showcased at Less is More for this card in the 'Cocktail' week. These awards mean a lot to me in what seems to be restricted craft time at the moment .... I'm sure some little goblin has stolen a few hours out of the day since the kids went back to school !!!!
My card for this post is based on the sketch at Clean & Simple, I had plans to combine it with other challenges but time has marched on and deadlines passed me by so whilst tidying my desk this morning all these pieces came together and I decided to go it alone ...
The three deer are a memory box die cut which was a RAK from Tracy at Dies to Die For, Tracy kindly includes a selection of sample die cuts in each order to tempt you and I think it may have worked in this case :o)
The deer were just plain white so I gave them the old Versamark and silver embossing powder treatment before mounting them onto the card and die cutting a digi sentiment from Pink Petticoat with the PTI double ended banner, three little gems.....job done :o)
If you look closely there are a few bloops within the embossing resulting from a bad touch up job but I only had the one die cut!....so don't look too closely *wink*
Simon Says Stamp are playing 'anything goes' again this week for the chance to win a $50 store voucher and it's a free for all at Wee Memories , so I'll pop this in both of those Challenges too :o)
James has been so well behaved this week without big sis around, I'd even go to say he's enjoyed the extra attention :o)
Hannah has thoroughly enjoyed her work experience in London, getting a taste of commuting on the trains although the early starts and long days are now catching up with her .... I sense a long' lay in' coming on this weekend!
Thanks for looking and hope your enjoying the half term week if you have kiddies around you X



So pretty! I love the deer!! Congrats on your shout-outs, too (the drinks card is awesome--hee hee).
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your wins Jenny , i really admire your style it is always so polished. Love your deer card and had to zoom in just because you told me not to ! for me it looks more realistic with the little extra embossing just like its fur would be.
ReplyDeleteMarie
Congratulations on your wins Jenny and i just love this card so clean and classy Luv Sue x
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the shout outs Jenny and yay for freebies! This card looks great and is a super take on the sketch :)
ReplyDeleteJenny this is so beautiful, love it. Congratulations on your wins
ReplyDeleteAnne
x
woohoo on your wins, jenny!! so well deserved. your card today is just gorgeous... love all the white space!!
ReplyDeleteWow, Jenny. WOW! That's all I have to say about this card. I just adore everything about it. Ann
ReplyDeleteJenny, this card is gorgeous! Now you'll have to get those dies and make some more, LOL! Congratulations on your wins. :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jenny!! I love this card too - I think the simplicity of design, colour and layout is just so elegant!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the wins - both well deserved. I think you may be getting another with the deer one too - it's beautifully elegant!
ReplyDeleteTara x
So glad Hannah did so well! Your card today is stunning and I'm sure will be another award winner. I absolutely love it!
ReplyDeleteOh this is absolutely beautiful Jenny.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your much deserved shout outs! This card is so striking and beautiful. I love the silver look against the white, fabulous card here!
ReplyDeletethis is beautiful!!! that die is amazing. great card!
ReplyDeletecongrats on the shout outs. Love the drink card. Love the silver deers on this card.
ReplyDeleteHoly smoke Jenny, this card is gorgeous. SIMPLE AND POWERFUL. I love it.
ReplyDeleteWhoop whoop on your winning cards! Not surprising as both are fabulous but I know I always get a little thrill when I can add to my Moments in the Sun list! :) As for those deer they are gorgeous! Never would have thought to emboss over a die cut... Brilliant!
ReplyDeleteGlad both James and Hannah are having a good week and maybe you'll get a quiet Saturday morning out of both of them! :)
Hi Jenny you deserve your wins, your cards are awesome! Love this one too, the silver deers are stunning. x
ReplyDeleteWow Jenny!! This is amazing, so elegant. Love those embossed deers!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Victoria ~x~
Oh this is fabulous Jenny, love the deer family.
ReplyDeleteluv
Debby
Oh my! This is just amazing, what a fabulous take on the sketch!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your well deserved wins, you are one totally clever cookie!
Congratulations on your awards Jenny. This card is absolutely stunning, it's so elegant and sophisticated, love it! Becky x
ReplyDeleteThis is a winner too!
ReplyDeleteTeriffic interpretation of the sketch... I use to live in Newarket and moved to an equally flat bit of France! My sister works with special needs children in Bury and my friend here has an autistic son age 6, he is in mainline french school after going gluten and caesin free. (I'm gluten free as my entire fewmale family are coeliac) I really understand how crafting keeps us sane, so differnt to the usual reality :-)
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny
ReplyDeleteWow stunning card just love this!
Tina
X
Hi Jenny just wanted to answer your question about the punch . I bought it a few months ago from a greek http://www.scrapbooking.gr/ I just checked and they have it in stock . They are very quick on delivery hope this helps
ReplyDeletemarie
Many congrats on your wins Jenny - very well deserved! Another great card today; so elegant.
ReplyDeletexx
Jenny, congrats on all your recent badges and awards...so well deserved! Sorry I haven't been around to comment...life is crazy hectic right now for some reason? Anyway, I love the silver embossed deer (not looking closely, no worries...they look GREAT to me!) and the subtle swirl background. Beautiful card!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to use the deer on this card! It makes a very elegant and original card.
ReplyDeleteNice Idea. I like it. Sorry for my english.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny
ReplyDeleteThat is one amazing die cut .. .. love the finished look very much.
The background is gorgeous too.
Have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Fab card, Jenny! Great CAS design. Thank you for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Jenny on your well-deserved wins! This card is another jaw-dropper from you - I LOVE it! Glad you're enjoying your half term. Vx
ReplyDeleteWhat a stunning card! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!
ReplyDeletegosh this card is stunning jenny, so happy with your success, you totally deserve it with your stunning designs and heart-felt cards :)
ReplyDeleteThis is just beautiful and so clever for the sketch. Congratulations on the new badges and recognition!
ReplyDeleteWow! Gorgeous cards!! Love those die cuts and the simplicity of your card!! So pretty!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!
Hugs...
Melissa
I love your card for the FTL163! It is so elegant!
ReplyDeleteSimply fantastic and elegant Jenny! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd congrats on all your wins lately! Sorry have not been regular to stop by and comment - have not played as many challenges as well and time seems to get the better of me :)
Wishing you more crafting badges on your sidebar and happy creative moments! :)
I just L.O.V.E. this card! Those deer are awesome! Perhaps I am now also tempted by those dies! Absolutely gorgeous card!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a FABULOUS card! I definitely see some more wins in your future with this one...and I definitely don't see any embossing bloops...just "added texture." :)
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS...don't know how I missed this one...GORGEOUS!!!! Love how you used this die...wow...just beautiful!!(Actually I was looking for the card where you wrote the words,"then the penny dropped"...trying to remember so I could tell my daughter about the cool expressions you use "across the pond"...so cool!!! Oh, I googled it and found out what it meant...I sometimes feel like I'm learning a foreign language:):):)!!)
ReplyDelete