Well this is the second card I managed to make yesterday between household jobs and trips to the computer shop! I wanted to play along with Clean & Simple stamping this week because they are joining up with Jingle Belles, a "new to me" challenge blog to get you making a Christmas card every week of the year to avoid mayhem come Christmas time ....sounds a top idea to me :)
I spied this MME Christmas paper in my off cuts box and it pretty much lead the way on my card from the colour combination to the wreath design that I cut on my Cricut machine
I tried to incorporate some smaller elements as per the sketch but felt they didn't look right so I've just left it as the wreath. The vellum wrap came about when I realised I wasn't going to be able to stamp on embossed card stock!!
I'm also entering this card into Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge as I managed to not use any new pieces of cardstock for this creation, apart from the card base of course :)
I'm looking forward to getting cracking on my Christmas stamps this year, since starting my blog and discovering my love of CAS cards I feel they will all have a new lease of life :)
I keep them in seperate boxes from the rest so it'll be like opening an early present to play with ... probably wont stop me from buying more tho!!! Lol :)
I'm hoping to make my Less is More card today ... still haven't got round to playing this week! I'll hopefully post it tomorrow ..... Sooo many cards so little time and a busy weekend ahead again!
Thanks for your time again today, I really appreciate your comments when you visit X
Edited to add : Oh poop! I've done it again ..... I missed the Jingle Belles deadline (sigh)


Love the sentiment on the vellum and especially the torn edges. I think I've made one Christmas card this year. *Sigh* Really hard to get in the Christmas mood when you're sweating your butt off! :)
ReplyDeleteJenny, this is so perfect in every detail! Your border trim is so dainty and pretty and perfectly flows with your slender wreath. Brilliant design.
ReplyDeleteI think I need to hit the Christmas Challenge sites too to get more momentum on my Christmas cards...I love this paper and the embossing and vellum are fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card. No, fabulous card!. Love it. Great design.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful holiday card. Love the embossing over vellum and tore vellum border.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous design Jenny; very stylish, festive and CAS. xx
ReplyDeleteWhat a fab idea, I would love to be committed enough to make a Xmas card every week! Sorry you missed the deadline, your card is gorgeous, I always love a wreath, but the highlight is that wonderful sentiment on vellum (my fave)!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful Christmas card, so festive with all that red!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I wish I had a wreath like that to hang on my door.
ReplyDeleteI love how you used this sketch Jenny. Love the vellum.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous Christmas card!!!
I love your snippets!!
Great idea with the vellum wrap and the wreath is gorgeous.
My Christmas stamps are kept separate to the others .. ..but it is surprising how some of them can be used on non-Christmas projects. The Christmas drawer always feel special!!
Thank you for keeping me company again this week in the snippet battle.
Have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Hi Jenny
ReplyDeleteMe again!!
Forgot to say .. .. no .. .. we aren't growing any pumpkins.
We have been having loads of rain though the last couple of days so the garden and its crops will be well happy.
Love Jules xx
Jenny,
ReplyDeleteYou are sooo stinkin creative! I love this.. the vellum the wreath.. the colors are perfect.. everything about this card makes me excited for Christmas.. :) HUGS
What a fabulous Christmas card! That wreath is beautiful!
ReplyDeletewow gorgeous card, love the vellum wrap and the paper is great, fabby snippet make x
ReplyDeleteThis is a lovely Christmas card.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Sandra
Beautiful snippet card ... especially like the sentiment on the vellum and the wreath is cute. Elizabeth x
ReplyDeleteA great snippet card, it's a perfect Christmas card.
ReplyDeleteLove this snippet make, fab Christmas card
ReplyDeleteLove this Jenny, it's a great snippet card. Carol x
ReplyDeleteSTUNNING
ReplyDeleteJenny I don't know HOW I missed this card. I love it - that wreath is so sweet! TFS
ReplyDeleteCheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com
Wonderfull christmas card Luv Sue x
ReplyDelete