I was so excited to see that CASual Fridays has 'shaped cards' for there challenge this week ... I love anything novelty or made from materials to look like something else but this is CASual fridays and I'm not sure if my card is CAS????
I cannot take credit for designing the card as I've used a printed template from an old craft magazine ( I have a large folder full of cuttings and templates from when I reduced my magazine pile ) so I chose the card stock and traced the shapes to cut out and ink . I'm most pleased with the burger itself as I've used a fabric texture stamp by Inkadinkadoo in red brick, eggplant and sahara sand chalk inks on the plain brown card to make it look meaty and juicy :)
The onion rings are made from 'off white' vellum and the sesame seeds, with Anitas 3d glossy paint in cream ... I'm surprised this has not dried up as it's quite old now :)
The individual pieces are all stuck onto a piece of plain card that I trimmed to shape and folded on the side .
The sentiment is from Paper smooches 'vegtastic' stamp set and was just begging to be used :)
I'm also linking this to Julies snippets challenge because all of the card was from my scrap bin, including the card for the base shape too :)
I hope it fits the bill....or menu in this case:)
Thanks for looking and enjoy your weekend X
This card is AWESOME!! Just love it! Do you mind if I put it in my "cards to lift"-folder?? This is cool and how you made the meat is just great!
ReplyDelete*thud* A.m.a.z.i.n.g! Jenny this is fabulous for sure. I personally am going to pretend it's a veggie burger *wink*, but whatever the patty is, the whole bun rocks! You are so darn clever (even if it IS only for keeping old templates!). A perfect card for our CAS-ual Fridays challenge.
ReplyDeleteIt is indeed a fine feast upon our eyes! What a clever card and the sentiment is theeee perfect choice! You seriously amaze me. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
ReplyDeleteso yummy looking! love how you used vellum for the onion slices :)
ReplyDeleteWow, Jenny! This is fantastic! When I saw the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays this week, I decided my inspiration might not work on this one, LOL! I love, love, love your take on this challenge. :-)
ReplyDeleteMichelle.
What a yummy card! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura
I think those buns count as white space :) Its adorable...and its making me hungry! *grin* Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
ReplyDeleteSuper card. I just had one of these for dinner!
ReplyDeleteI just saw this at CAS-ual Fridays and it is so cute! I would never have thought to do a hamburger! And the meat does look very realistic! Nice job!
ReplyDeleteThis looks so real, I could eat it! Too cute! ;)
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute, Jenny! Very clever, looks good enough to eat!
ReplyDeleteGreat card, it really looks edible! Valerie
ReplyDeleteWow Jenny .. .. this is brilliant!!
ReplyDeleteI love your vellum onion rings .. .. very realistic.
Great way for using up those snippets.
Thank you for playing along and for providing such brilliant inspiration.
Love Jules xx
This is amazing! It looks so real, and now I'm very hungry. I think it counts as CAS...good luck in the challenge!
ReplyDeleteJenny,
ReplyDeleteSeriously...this is AMAZING! It is so real looking! My favorite bits are the lettuce and onion! Incredible...
Oh my heavens... this is BRILLIANT!!! I LOVE it! You are seriously so inspiring.. :) I love everything about it!! so WONDERFUL!! I can't wait to see what you come up with next.. HUGS
ReplyDeleteThis is so clever Jenny! Love all your fabby details and perfect sentiment :o) I don't make many shaped cards and nothing's really coming to me, so might have to miss this challenge out. Lisa x
ReplyDeleteTotally fab Jenny, Love it Gay xxx
ReplyDeleteGood enough to eat, great fun card, and very clever.
ReplyDeleteClaire xxx
Mmm, you are TOO good, Jenny! ;) This burger is making me crave one even though I just had a huge dinner. I love everything you make!
ReplyDeleteThis is brilliant, Jenny - especially that burger!! Your creativity really blows me away and now I am seriously jonesing for a burger!
ReplyDeleteWow Jenny - you absolutely rocked the challenge as they say! A stunning card! Vx
ReplyDeleteThat's a FUN card hon.
ReplyDeleteVisiting you from Jules' link
Hugs, Sandra
Jenny, I think you should take credit for every bits of the design (that onion ring is yummy and ...BRILLIANT)!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! What a TREAT!
ReplyDeleteSuch a great card, Jenny... it looks good enough to eat! And here I am trying to lose a few more pounds before my daughter's wedding. I wonder how long I would have to exercise to wear off a big juicy burger? :) Great, great job!
ReplyDeleteI have been looking through your archives and I am totally in awe!!! Great great work -- totally inspiring. Keep it up!!
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! This is amazing!!!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely fantastic Jenny and oh so much fun! I'm hungry now. :) Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing, looks so real, fantastic card
ReplyDeleteOMG this is pure genius and looks good enough to eat...FANTASTIC :).
ReplyDeleteJenny, you must tell me - where in the heck do you get all your creative genius?!! I mean seriously, week after week, you continue to blow my socks off!! This week is no exception - I am in awe!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!
ReplyDeleteOh this is brilliant! So realistic Jenny :) Your cards always have that special 'something' you never fail to impress! I love your blog xx
ReplyDeleteOmg this is awesome!! I want to bite into it it looks so realistic!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING!!! This is just amazing!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou aced this!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOkay now I'm craving a hamburger! This is phenomenal! Love the attention to detail and that sentiment goes perfectly with it :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS AWESOME!!!!!
ReplyDeletethis card is making me hungry, I just love it, really well done.
ReplyDeleteYour hamburger looks good enough to eat!
ReplyDeleteOh my oh my oh my! This is the best shaped card I have ever seen! It is so life like and you should be proud! Now I hear my stomach growling! :-)
ReplyDeleteFab..u..lous card! Looks soo realistic and fun! :)
ReplyDelete