I'm still on the theme of Thank you cards I'm afraid and punny sentiments too!
I decided to play along with the Chipboard challenge at CASual Fridays this week with this card I've made......
The musical notes are die-cut from chipboard, coloured black with a promarker and then had the star treatment with glossy accents :)
The stave is created using the single line stamp from Lawn Fawn "School house Backdrops" which I shaped on an acrylic block before repeatedly stamping .
I've been out with Hannah in the car today as she has her driving test coming up next month so we are using Hubby's little 'runaround' to get extra practice sessions in alongside her proper lessons, she is getting on really well and it's nice to be driven but very hard to relax and sit back whilst remembering not to pass on any of my bad habits too!!
It has also strengthened my views on the fact that James will certainly not begin learning to drive a car for quite a while yet! He will be 16 next week and since Hannah has started to learn he thinks he will automatically get behind the wheel when he turns 17.... he has many issues to overcome before this happens, some of which will never change but as they say...... never say never !!!
Thanks for your visit today and catch ya again soon :)
Jenny X




this is so adorable...I love cards with musical notes on them...
ReplyDeleteyou are so clever.
ReplyDeletewhat a brilliant way of making the stave. I love it.
ReplyDeleteTara x
Wonderful card! Sure it couldn't be better than now)
ReplyDeleteSuch a wonderful card! Great idea to make the stave with curving a line stamp =) Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge!
ReplyDeletewhat a super clever idea for the stave! and of course the gloss on the notes is awesome. Shiny is good ;)
ReplyDeleteI can relate a bit to your driving, um, anxiety? since I've just got my learner's license in August last year. It's not easy to teach, or easy to learn, with someone you live with!
As always my jaw drops when I visit your blog -you are so super creative and the result always so FABULOUS!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great day, hugs, Karin
Hi Jenny great card very dynamic , cant see anything wrong with the stamping and I have my specs on and I enlarged it !! The musical notes are gorgeous and clever stamp manipulation too !
ReplyDeleteMarie
You are so clever, Jenny! This is a fabulous CAS card and I LOVE how you made the music stave. Have fun teaching Hannah to drive! I can imagine it must be nerve-wracking and wonderful at the same time.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant card Jenny, very creative.
ReplyDeleteLynne xxx
This is fabulous Jenny! A great CAS design and I love punny sentiments!
ReplyDeletexx
This is just so clever. I like how it looks, and thanks for the tutorial on making the stave. I'm not much for punny sentiments, but always like the ones involving 'notes'.
ReplyDeleteWhat an ingenious way to create your stave. A totally brilliant CAS card, Jenny!:)
ReplyDeletebeautiful! i love the dimension of the chipboard pieces...great design!
ReplyDeleteAh...I don't look forward to my boys starting to drive = STRESS! I love your card. So creative how you stretched your stamps!
ReplyDeleteAwesome design work. Total perfection. AAAhh, I remember those days of teaching my kids to drive.
ReplyDeleteThis is FABULOUS! Love those music notes! Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!
ReplyDeleteGreat sentiment and the notes are so glossy! Great idea to make the musical stave! Fab!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to Hannah - so long since I did my test!! My Ben wants to learn to drive too - he's 16 on Friday - and really keen on a moped. Fortunately both Ben's father and I think this ia a really bad idea!
Brilliant! The stave is fantastic and the shiny notes are gorgeous. You're a good momma taking your daughter out! My mom refused - said it would be a one way ticket to a blow out argument. Lol! She was probably right. :)
ReplyDeleteJenny, I LOVE it! Great pun...clever, as usual!
ReplyDeletewonderful idea!
ReplyDeleteLove it just the way it is! Great card!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful use of that stamp! Love your bold and graphic card.
ReplyDeleteLovely Jenny! Great way to use your stamp and the chipboard! :)
ReplyDeleteWowers! This so so clever and beautifully done. Love the flowing stave.
ReplyDeleteThat stave is brilliant Jenny and adds so much dimension to your one-layer card. I'm glad Hannah's doing so well with her driving. Wouldn't James rather stick to the washing machine?!! Vicky x
ReplyDeleteSuper fun card. Love the wavy music lines and the gloss on the notes. Well done to Hannah with her driving. I don't know if I'll be able to sit with mine when it's their turn. Likely to have white knuckles and my knees up to my chest!! x
ReplyDeleteFab thank you card Jenny, love the glossy notes and the CAS design.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Jenny - such a brilliant idea to curl the straight line stamp! Best wishes to Hannah on her driving test next month, I'm sure she'll sail through it :) I dread when our Lydia starts driving....more for the cost of insuring her though! Sarah x
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love this Jenny!
ReplyDeleteFantastic card Jenny! Great use of the School house stamp and I will never ever tire of 'punny' sentiments. Keep em coming!
ReplyDeleteFabulous, I love it, very inventive use of the line stamp. I think we are going to see that one again LOL Gay xxx
ReplyDeleteYour creativity seems to know no bounds...your musical score...AMAZING!! LOVE your chipboard notes...wonderful card, Jenny!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! You make being creative look very simple here! Simply elegant, that is. :-) Beautiful card
ReplyDeleteThis is such a stylish card Jenny, I love it
ReplyDeleteWow .... LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you used that line stamp and those glossy notes are fabulous. :) Ann
ReplyDeleteumm..SO brilliant! I am in love.
ReplyDelete