Well what a glorious day it's been here.... almost ashamed to say I sat in my craft-room this morning making cards!!! The difference in yesterdays temperature to todays is amazing , I was wrapped up in a coat yesterday for our daily dog walk and today its was short sleeves all the way!
The cards I've been making today are for the Babies or Children's cards challenge at Less is More.
I've gone with the traditional gingham pattern as well as the usual blue and pink for boy and girl..... I was a bit rebellious when it came to dressing Hannah as a baby and steered clear of pink but for cards it seems somehow right!
As you can see I succumbed to the alphabet dies from PTI having seen so many gorgeous cards made with them, the font is just so versatile.
The gingham base card is a digi pattern from Pink Petticoat.... I really wanted to try my own printed base card so it would show through the letters, trouble is our printer is starting to play up....typical seeing as I've just recently decided to cancel the monthly cover payment on it... Grrr... but luckily these two sheets turned out okay after a few test runs on paper first.
The 'New Baby' sentiment is a stamp from a UK company I found at Ally Pally called Imagine That Papercrafts , they sell their own clear stamps and can be found here... I really like the combination of fonts in their stamp sets :0)
This is such a fun theme so I hope to be back with a couple of children's birthday cards.... being a big kid myself it shouldn't be too hard!!!
Thanks for looking
Jenny x


Perfect baby cards Jenny, I love the design. When we made our nappy bouquet recently I wasn't allowed to use pink and i was told not use pastels...plus try and avoid primaries...quite honestly i began to think I was going to have to do a goth theme!!!! And i hated the card we made but the new mummy loved it as it was the only one not typically girly!!!!
ReplyDeleteDiane
P.s I swear there is a control centre somewhere that has a self destruct button to press when ever you cancel a warranty!!!!
Precious card, I love.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love these - I always struggle with baby cards for some reason. I love that the same design works for boy or girl and you've lined up those dies perfectly! Definitely worth that purchase! lol!
ReplyDeleteThese are gorgeous card Jenny just love the die cut letters...less certainly is more...
ReplyDeleteAnne
Completely adorable cards!
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny, My printer and I have words on a regular basis, so I understand LOL Gorgeous card, the die cuts are fab and I love the layered element to your cards, both are winners in my book!!! xxx
ReplyDeleteThese are absolutely wonderful. I love that they are more elegant, and not too cutesy. Super use of the letters dies. I have them and am often stumped, so I will now get to look forward to pinning all your great ideas.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous CAS design!
ReplyDeleteWow Jenny, these cards are stunning. Perfectly CaS and those die cuts are fabulous. really love these, right up my street.
ReplyDeleteLynne xxx
These are adorable Jenny, I think you just convinced me that I need letter dies :)
ReplyDeleteaww these are just so sweet...What a fun design...
ReplyDeleteLove these - great idea to cut out the letters letting the gingham show through!!
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous, Jenny! I love the design, and you can't go wrong with Gingham.
ReplyDeleteBrilliant baby cards Jenny Luv Sue x
ReplyDeleteThese cards are lovely Jenny, the diecut alphabet is brilliant and I love seeing the gingham down the side. Nice font by the way :))
ReplyDeleteVal x
so pretty! love the negative die cuts and the font is awesome :)
ReplyDeletePerfect CAS cards.
ReplyDeleteThese look wonderful Jenny. I love gingham for baby cards. Those negative letters look superb with the gingham peeping through!
ReplyDeleteI shall look forward to seeing what else you come up with this week!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"
The die cuts are fab for the words and I love the gingham. Super fresh and modern cards. x
ReplyDeleteJust perfect baby cards, Jenny! I love the diecuts with gingham showing inside. Soft colours and love that you made one for boy and one for girl.
ReplyDeleteOn the weather front, it is the opposite here for me. Yesterday was nice and warm but today is freezing cold that we are all rugged up :)
WOW, these are both wonderful! Love the simple layout. I too just gave in and bought some PTI alphabet dies. Can't wait to put them to use. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards Jenny - too funny about us both going for die cut letters - but you know what they say about great minds - lol!!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you used the letters Jenny! I have yet to break mine out. This was a great idea. I love the gingham - any color perfect for baby. Love the twine and the button treatment for the perfect CAS card.
ReplyDeleteOh my...I've held off on the dies but you make me think I shouldn't have. Your cards are perfection.
ReplyDeleteI agree Jenny, those alpha dies are SO much fun. I have seen so many great cards using the negative space on die cuts, but have yet to try my hand at them.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that you used an alpha for the technique and your baby cards are wonderful.
Cheers, Karen
These are such sweet baby cards. I love the little button embellishments. They add just enough.
ReplyDeleteabsolutely adorable, jenny!
ReplyDeleteSuper duper cards. Must save to CASE!
ReplyDeletefab baby cards - love how you have used the negative die cuts with the different fonts - very effective
ReplyDeleteLove the cards Jenny, so simple & effective. Thanks for putting me on to Imagine That - always good to hear about a new stamp company in the UK.
ReplyDeleteJenny
Baby cards are one of those areas where folks always gravitate towards the traditional. I dressed Connor in a lot of yellow & green, and constantly got complimented on my daughter ;) Riley wore as much blue as I could find! Love the fun 'new baby' font - so whimsical! and using the negative of the dies adds so much dimension. Love it! Did you link up with Moxie Fab's gingham challenge?
ReplyDeleteAbout the weather - that yo-yo is happening here too. Right now the yo is down, wet & chilly.
These are so fab - I almost bought those dies too but resisted. The ginham looks so cute peeping through.
ReplyDeleteTara
x
FABULOUS design!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Karin
babies + gingham = perfect match.
ReplyDeleteCAS gorgeousness Jenny! Totally loving both versions!
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny
ReplyDeleteFabulous cards ..... Love the PTI letter des .... Fabulous
Hugs Sylvie xxx
Jenny, these are so perfectly CAS and so darn cute! Gosh! You are just so creative!
ReplyDeleteWow Jenni,
ReplyDeletethese Baby cards are so beautiful...
Love it Love it!!
Daen'Ys
Jenny you have done it again, 2 gorgeously simple perfect cards.
ReplyDeleteHaven't commented on your other cards, but they are ALL so gorgeous
These are gorgeous baby cards, Jenny. I love the gingham down the left side and peeking through the letters. Beautiful! Ann
ReplyDeleteOh these are so adorable! The gingham is perfect for them and I love a bit of negative die cutting!
ReplyDeleteLove Beth xx
Crisp,clean and wonderful. I love them both Jenny!
ReplyDeleteFab design Jenny, love the clean lines. The PTI alphabet dies are calling me! :)x
ReplyDeletegingham paper for baby cards is always a winner! PERFECT!
ReplyDeleteI love the way you used the negative of the die Jenny and the gingham is perfect. I rebelled too when my daughter was a baby - she got to wear browns and once even black! Perfect with her colouring! Vicky x
ReplyDeletePerfectly gorgeous cards! I like the gingham showing through the letters and the sweet button accents.
ReplyDeleteI used to dress Kathryn in shades of blue and green, then when she was a toddler she liked pink - now she's a bit of a goth and loves black!!
The cut out theme is tremendous, and as you say the alphabet works really well.
ReplyDeleteKnow what you mean about the printer, had the same thing happen to me with another electrical appliance!
Gorgeous and perfect!!
ReplyDeletexx
They're fabulous Jenny :o) I love gingham and it's especially perfect for baby cards, fab design too! Hugs, Lisa x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Jenny in both colourways.
ReplyDeleteluv
Debby
Hi Jenny
ReplyDeleteLove what you have done here .. .. brilliant use of those dies.
Might have to look into those!!! Eeeekkk!!!
Hope you are having a good week.
Love Jules xx
So fresh and CAS love them.
ReplyDeleteLinbyx
Superb Jen
ReplyDeletethose letters look terrific
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"
Your baby cards are so sweet - I love them both! Those dies look fab too, hugs x x
ReplyDeleteGorgeous cards Jenny, I love the cut out look, will have to try it myself! xx
ReplyDeleteLove these especially the cute little buttons on the bottom. Isn't that always the way with any warranty or contract? Nightmare! Hope the printer behaves from now on.
ReplyDeleteThese are beautiful baby cards.
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteIam Marianne. I love your cards, you do an amazing job. I too have a huge love of making cards!!! AND I too have a son that is autistic! I would love to exchange emails with you, if your interested please feel free to email me @....doxzgirl@gmail.com
Have a happy day Jenny!:)
Marianne
Hi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteIam Marianne. I love your cards, you do an amazing job. I too have a huge love of making cards!!! AND I too have a son that is autistic! I would love to exchange emails with you, if your interested please feel free to email me @....doxzgirl@gmail.com
Have a happy day Jenny!:)
Marianne