Thursday, 22 December 2011

The Last Christmas Post

Apologies but I've had to disable commenting on this post due to the high number of spam comments :0(

Hi everyone,

Well.....  we have food in the house, the cards are sent, the tree is up and decorated (took a while) and the presents are bought but still need wrapping...ugh! That'll be me kneeling on the floor getting pins and needles in my feet tomorrow!!

I said I'd be back with photos of the sweetie gifts I made for James's classmates and staff, they're nothing massively groundbreaking..... just a small token gift because he likes to give them a something.

WARNING: There now follows a lot of photos....




 I thought these packs of reindeer noses would be fun for the Children and I wrote the reindeer names on the back of the card too :)  It was an idea I saw on Pinterest and so I used Maltesers and candy coated chocolate balls.
You can just make out the hoof prints behind the clear bags..... I used the coffee bean from Paper Smooches 'Hot Concoctions' to stamp them :)





I just split two packets of sweets from Marks and Spencers to make these four treat bags for the staff!
Last but not least was a Candy cane for one of his classmates who doesn't eat chocolate so I thought this jolly snowman could look after it!!


We heard today that Hannah has not been offered a place at Oxford which is a shame but also half expected as the competition is tough for places. She is still waiting on a place at Bath which is also a definite favourite but this will probably not happen now until mid january when the UCAS form deadline is.
Being the mature young lady Hannah is, the news has not dampened her spirits at all, in fact it was me that felt rather deflated.... tut tut, these pushy parents...I don't know!!!!! Lol

So this will be my last post now until after Christmas at least, but I may sneak into the craftroom during the holidays if only for my own sanity!! 
I'm definitely back in the New Year with the new St Luke's Challenge which will be quite a challenge and  I'm sure to be hopping around on your blogs and catching up from last week too so....... 
I just want to say how glad I am that I started blogging this year, I'm lucky to have met so many friendly and talented crafters out there and I really, really appreciate you following and visiting my little place in blogland :) 

I would like to wish you all a wonderful Christmas wherever you are celebrating and a very Happy New Year too X

May Santa leave you lots of crafting goodies :)


48 comments:

  1. Jenny, I'm so glad you are blogging...simple adore everything you post! Sending you a hug...I'm sure Hannah will excel no matter where she goes. It does amaze me how our children are a bit more resilient than we are as parents. She sounds amazing...can't wait to hear about her next step!

    Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family! These treat bags are so adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those treats--especially the reindeer noses. Such a clever idea. I thought you had been blogging forever--you seem like such a pro. I started in August, and am so glad that I did. It's been nice getting to know you a bit towards the end of this year. I'll be back with my last card for the St. Luke's challenge, but I'm building a stack of other cards to send, too. May as well fill up the envelope, if it's going all the way across the pond, right? Have a wonderful Christmas. I still need to take a picture that we can all agree on and order my New Years cards (Valentines cards?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you are so talented...these are just to adorable...I have not seen anything cuter..

    You also have a very Merry Christmas and A super Happy New YEar..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just super great Jenny~
    Wow you sure did an assortment of treats and they are absolutely amazing..... Such a sweet person you are......
    Have a very Merry Xmas......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year, Jenny! Thank-you for your friendship and support here in blogland all year, I treasure your comments and I love seeing your creations. I look forward to crafting and blogging through 2012 with you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fab little gifts Jenny! I just wanted to wish you and your family a very merry christmas and love and best wishes for 2012!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  7. These treat bags are so fun Jenny and very clever. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas also and a safe and happy New Years. Thanks for all the inspiration I have found on your blog. Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous gifts Jen, sure they will be really well received

    Happy christmas and wish Hannah all the best. the fact she was even considered for Oxford is an achievement!
    Will miss you at "Less is More"! Saturday
    mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jenny

    Each and every one of these lovely creations are gorgeous .. .. you have been very, very busy and I bet the recipients loved receiving them as much as James enjoyed giving them (and you enjoyed making them).

    Such a lot of work but what a great thing to do.

    Sorry to hear that Hannah didn't get her place at Oxford - she sounds very sensible and clearly knows that things happen for a reason and she is destined for happier times elsewhere.

    As for the gift wrapping. I normally do as you do and use the floor .. .. getting pins and needles in my feet in the process. But this year I did it in dribs and drabs using the kitchen worktops. Much easier and much kinder on the old joints.

    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas Jenny and a new year that is full of all things good.

    Have a good one.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. merry christmas to you too jenny and it's an absolute pleasure following your blog and seeing all the wonderful card inspirations :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, your treat bags are so cute! Sorry to hear about your daughter but even just getting an interview for Oxford is pretty amazing, well done her! Wishing you a very Merry Chrsitmas and a Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're gifts are just gorgeous, I'm sure your son's classmates would have loved them. Have a great Christmas.
    JO x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my GOODNESS! Could those reindeer noses be any cuter!!! I love this idea. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I am pinning those reindeer noses for next year...what really gets me is the chart on the back!! LOVE IT! I think I even have a coffee bean/hoof print stamp somewhere, too! The other gifts are oh-so-cute, too, especially that snowman holding the candy cane!

    So sorry to hear about Hannah and Oxford, but I'm glad she's not letting it get to her.

    I'm so glad I found your blog this year--there is not a week that goes by that my jaw doesn't drop due to one of your creations! I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday!

    (ps-to give you the full PTI shipping feel, I just got to mail out your prize pack this week. The postal clerk and I had a good giggle about how cute your British addresses are! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing projects, Jenny!!! Seriously amazing! I love your sense of fun in these projects!
    Sorry to hear about Hannah and Oxford, but I like to believe that things happen for a reason; who knows what's around the corner for her..?! Sounds like she's got the right attitude for fabulous opportunities in the future!
    Happy Christmas!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. the treat bags are absolutely adorable, jenny!! i'm so glad that i found your blog this year!! your cards are always CAS perfection (clean and stunning as my bloggy friend sue would say!). sorry that hannah didn't make it into oxford. wishing you and your family a truly wonderful christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your treat bags are just perfect and a wonderful idea. Sorry re Hannah but I'm sure what comes along will be best. Have a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute treat bags paired with cute treats. Really like Reindeer nose. Sorry to hear aabout Hannah. Best wishes to her and hope there will be something good for her coming along. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great selection of christmas projects Jenny...Happy Christmas and a Healthly new Year to you and your family

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful treat bags Jenny, what a fun thing to do! Merry Christmas and happy new year, hope you get lots of crafting goodies too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Jenny, these are all absolutely fabulous. You are such a clever girl.
    I`m pleased to started blogging too and I`m very pleased that you joined us at St Lukes.
    Happy Christmas to you and your family.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jenny!! Oh my goodness, those reindeer noses with the chart are fabulous. Maybe if I start now I can get them made for next year. I bet james loved giving those out. The snowflakes, and snowballs and candycane holder - all fantastic. I did not mail one card.

    Great things will come to Hannah as Hannah gives great things. Life is so tricky with our hopes and expectations, but I know that in the end, it all works out. Wishing you and yours the happiest Christmas my friend. I'll be checking in. Half day at work tomorrow, then I am done until January 3rd. That ironing husband of mine has done all of the wrapping! He's a keeper! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Merry Christmas to you and your family! All these treats are just adorable and I'm so glad too that you started blogging this year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. amazing work as always Jenny! your creativity is boundless. merry christmas and happy new year to you and your family. blessings xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. These treat bags make the perfect gifts! My fave is the Reindeer noses (I promise it has nothing to do with the fact that I love Maltesers)!
    Here's wishing you and your family the most wonderful Xmas! I agree with you, this blog world is amazing, I have met so many incredible people (including yourself) that it's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG, Rudoph is so cute!
    Love the other treat bags, too - but Rudolph is the cutest!

    wish you happy holidays and merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh wow - these are all wonderful.
    Merry Christmas
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. They're fabulous Jenny, love them all :o)

    Sorry to hear about Hannah's bad news, I'm sure I'd be disappointed too but it's good that she's taken it so well. Hope you all have a fabulous Christmas together hun! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, these are just TOOOO cute. I love all of them - what a fun little treat for handing out.
    Merry, Merry Christmas Jenny!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Jenny
    Love the reindeer ...is it a Die?????
    Thanks for all the inspiration you give to me from your Fabulous Blog....and i love Hannahs as well ...
    Wishing you asll a Fabulous Christmas
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Jenny, Woah fab pressies! Well done they will go down a treat!!! It's been an absolute pleasure joining you on your blog is it only a year?:0) You have shared your brilliant makes and inspired me regularly, thanks so much:0) I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a very Happy New year, hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Jenny, Fabulous gifts I'll bet they went down a storm, so clever and cute! Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration this year! I would like to say happy Christmas to you and your family and hope that 2012 is a fabulous time for you all. I hope Hannah finds the perfect UNI for her :0) Big hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are absolutely FABULOUS!!!
    LOVE them!
    Good thing though I didn't come here earlier because then I would have wanted to make something similar for my Christmas guests (with absolutely no time for it ...)
    Such wonderful gifts - I'll try to remember for next year - thanks for sharing!
    Merry Christmas hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Jenny wow ! What a lovely mum you are to make all those gifts I bet james was really pleased they are fabulous.

    Hope you have fantastic holidays and look forward to visiting you again in the new year.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are super cute gifts!

    Sorry to hear about Hannah but I'm sure she'll do marvelously whereever she goes!

    Hope I'm not challenging you too much with the first St Luke's challenge of the year ;-)
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Jenny, I hope you had a great Christmas! Your treat bags are fabulous and made to perfection. I wish Hannah all the best and I hope she gets a place in Bath :) Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. All of your projects are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh my heavens.. girl you are sooo crazy talented.. anyone would be so happy to get these :) I hope you had a wonderful Christmas..:) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hope you had a fabby Christmas Jenny .. .. all the best for 2012.

    I hope it is a good year for you and your family.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jenny - just dropping by to say that I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and to wish you and your family a very Happy, Healthy and Creative New Year! Have a good one. Hugs, Deborah xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. These are ADORABLE, Jenny!!! I especially LOVE the reindeer noses...how clever...will think of using it NEXT year...love the snowballs, too!! I am believing that your Hannah will be enrolled right where she's supposed to be...and be accepted at the college that will be perfect for HER!! So good to hear how solid a young lady she is...what exciting times for her and you!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. What a clever idea and such wonderful gifts! (yum!)

    ReplyDelete
  43. LOL, these treat bags are awesome, especially the reindeer noses! I love the card with the candy cane, too. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. These are fantastic, I expect everyone was thrilled with them.
    Seems like I have missed a lot, for some reason Blogger isn't keeping me up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I too LOVE these gift bags of the reindeer noses and want to use them this Christmas. Are the reindeer a die cut? How did you make them? And... did you seriously hand write on all of these individually? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Pined your reindeer noses on my Pintress board. Very cute. I have seen the chocolate malted balls, but where did you find the red ones? Thanks again, Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Sherrie, sorry this is the only way I could find to respond to you :0)

    The red balls where bought as Christmas sweets and actually packaged up as rudolphs noses!!! I just decided they needed to be mixed up with brown ones too. They were from Marks and Spencer's , not sure if you're from the UK so this may not help you..... Let's hope they sell them again this year :0)

    ...and to answer your question Karen (sorry I've taken so long) the reindeer die is a sizzlets die, part of a set of four characters I bought on eBay and yes I did write on the gifts....not so keen on my handwriting though but luckily not too many to do :0)

    Thanks for your comments ladies.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...