I just can't pass up the chance to play along with a colour splash challenge and this week the Play Date Cafe have orange as the splash colour.... not one of my favourite colours but mixed with Black and White it suddenly becomes cool and graphic!
I teamed the Penny Black 'i chart' stamp with a lawn fawn set called 'Clear to see' and it's almost a one layer card... without being asked for one!!!
When I stamped out the spectacles I decided to stamp a few of them with the 'second stamping' technique because I felt solid black would be too strong in the pattern along with one orange pair of specs :)
This is a great colour scheme for a guys card and I think this would qualify for that so I'm going to enter this card into Young Crafters Unite Masculine card Challenge
Now I really had best get my attention turned to producing Christmas cards...... I sit looking at everyone else's lovely creations forgetting I need to get a wiggle on with mine !!!!
Thanks for looking X
Stamps : Penny Black 'i Chart' , Lawn Fawn 'Clear to See'



I love this card! That splash of orange really is awesome.
ReplyDeleteJenny - pure genius!!! I absolutely love this and it would be perfect for a guy! The splash of orange is ace!
ReplyDeleteanother absolutely clever card, jenny!! so fun!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun is this Jenny!! Very cute idea :)
ReplyDeleteI love this! The eye chart is brill paired up with the glasses. My sister-in-law works in an opticians how fab would this be for her! x
ReplyDeletePerfectly put together, as always,
ReplyDeleteLiz x
What a cute card Jenny. Love that splash of orange. Thanks for commenting on my card. I have had pneumonia for a month so haven't felt like stamping. Got to get back to it
ReplyDeleteThanks for thinking of me.
Hugs
What a clever design1 You are on a roll.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea Jenny! wonderful masculine card, perfectly designed :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so creative and clever! I just adore the glasses image. Cute!
ReplyDeleteThis is too, too cute! THese are great stamps for our color splash. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date CAfe this week.
ReplyDeleteOHHHHHHHHH! This is sooooooooooo cute! I LOVE those glasses--and your splash of orange is perfect! I agree--can't pass up a splash color story!! LOVE that you joined in the fun! Great job:) THANKS for playing along with us over at the PDCC:)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your "splash"!
ReplyDeletei thinbk you are right, this a great card for the guys ... LOVe that colour combo and you used it so well!
ReplyDeleteVery cool and clever card Jenny. These two stamps sets go perfectly together :)
ReplyDeleteJenny!! You totally rocked this colour combo. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Jenny,
ReplyDeleteYou always come up with such wonderful ideas. Your card is genius. Love the eye test chart and the one pair of orange specs...Brilliant!!:)
Jenny, this is fantastic! So clever and original.
ReplyDeletexx
Love this! Those two stamps are perfect together and I like the scored lines.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, I haven't made any Christmas cards for myself - too busy making everyone else's!
And thanks for the heads up on the PS stamps!
Oh, I just adore this! Such a great, CAS design! And the pattern you've created with those glasses is absolutely scrumptious! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!
ReplyDeleteI. Love. This. WOW! What a fun idea!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesOme card!!! Love the orange glasses and those images are soooo cool!!
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE your take on these colours, what a FUN card!!! FAB job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at The Play Date Cafe this week!
ReplyDeleteAw, what a perfect use of orange! I love that eye chart stamp--I think I'll be adding that to my wish list!
ReplyDeleteOh what a clever card Jenny, I absolutely love it! Fabulous :o)
ReplyDeleteI'm getting a bit worried about the little shepherd's part in this play - he insists one of the songs they have to learn goes 'farmer Christmas, he got stuck'... could be interesting! Lisa x
This one is a winner in my book, those two stamp sets are made for each other. Cool graphic card.
ReplyDeleteThis is great! Love that sentiment stamp and the tiniest splash of orange. Definitely a great masculine card!!
ReplyDeleteAhh...I love this Jenny, Those stamps are so fun together!
ReplyDeleteWow, that orange really jumps of the page at you. What a great card :)
ReplyDeleteJenny! This is absolutely creative and wonderful. Love it! TFS
ReplyDeleteCheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com
Love it! This is so clean and graphic, and those stamps go together so well. I thought they must have been from the same set. :) Wonderful color splash. :) Ann Y.
ReplyDeleteJust love your cards....so clean and beautiful :)
ReplyDeleteOooooooooooooooooh Jeny i just love this card and the colour combanation is fab Luv Sue x
ReplyDeleteInventive, beautifully designed and perfectly made - all the things we've come to expect from you! Vx
ReplyDeleteThis is CAS perfection! Your work always amazes me. Great job! Thank you so much for playing along with color splash at The Play Date Cafe.
ReplyDeleteFabulous card Jenny, brill stamps but your use of them is so fresh and innovative, I love the glasses as a border, Gay xxx
ReplyDeleteI love to visit you blog as I never know what to expect but one thing is for sure it will always be something wonderful ! Once again a beautifully designed and executed piece, crisp and clean and beautifully stamped , love the glasses border.
ReplyDeleteMarie
Jenny, your creativity and clever layouts amaze me! This is fabulous...a winner in my book!
ReplyDeleteJenny... YOU ROCK! This is sooooooooooooo awesome. I love that eye chart. Never seen it. The glasses are perfect and trendy.
ReplyDeleteOh Jenny .. .. this is fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
Super neat and very creative as always.
Love Jules xx
Having just been to the eye doctor (ugh) this card made me lol :) I love the specs!
ReplyDeleteThis is such a great card, and a clever use of the Clear to See set. Too bad we missed you--Elena, Gayatri, and I had a mini blog hop last week with this set. If we had known you had it, you could have joined us.
ReplyDeleteWhat a COOL card, Jenny! I just love the design!
ReplyDeleteThis is so awesome! These sets are going on my wish list!
ReplyDeleteJust love this card, so retro.
ReplyDeleteWhere can I get myself a few of these cards?
ReplyDelete