Thursday, 6 October 2011

A favourite technique

First of all I'd like to thank you for the lovely comments on my last post, it has made me feel a lot better about the card, I simply cannot ignore the opinions of such a wide variety of talented crafters :) ......it's true we are our own worst critics!!

Today's card I'm much more excited about as it's been made using my favourite technique for the Wee Memories challenge this week in honour of World Cardmaking Day at the weekend....yep, dry embossing :)


I especially love being able to cut out the embossed pieces and mounting them on different coloured card stock as I've done here with this Lasting Impressions stencil which I've had in my stash for ages and with a family wedding coming up I knew I wanted to use it!
By using Black co-ordinations card I could sand the grooms shoe to show the design and then added a lace and a flower to the brides shoe for a bit of dimension. Photographing embossing is not easy so I hope you can make out the 'Perfect Pair' sentiment, lightening the photo too much blows out the detail!


If you remember my old embossing light box gave up on me a few weeks back and a detective process lead me to bulb failure which meant a new one as it's a sealed unit, so good old eBay came up with the goods :)  It's such a great tool to have and I love the ability to create my own embossed backgrounds with brass stencils..... never had a lot of success running brass stencils through the big shot!!

Thanks for your visit today as always, I have time for a bit of blog hopping now once I've grabbed a coffee :)

Edit to add : Please pop over to my daughters blog to see a fab pair of earrings she made for her friend, I love how realistic they look :) Thanks.

Jenny X

31 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Jenny, I love the sentiment! Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great idea for a wedding card - I love how many different layers of dry embossing you've managed to get onto one card too - it's lovely.
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, those shoes are adorable and I love a wedding card that isn't all flowers and frills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever! My hubby told me last night I should make a tuxedo card...it would go perfectly with your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet car, and a fantastic idea for a newly married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable!!!! Love your embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny..
    you are so creative.. I love how you did the embossing and cut them out..this is so fun! What a wonderful card.. Thanks so much for the sweet and kind thoughts.. they mean a lot..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that embossed background and love the embossing on the shoes! Very creative!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jenny. I hope this comment posts - I tried a million times to post to your LIM card, and blogger fought me and won! I love embossing too - I love this card. The shoes are fab - and yes, I can see the "perfect pair" sentiment. The bride and groom will love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the black and white color and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jenny, Well done that's a great card, I didn't realise at first that it was a wedding card, silly me. You think about your creations and it pays off, a very clever card, Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Jenny, such a great design for a wedding card. I've not even got a light box - I'm too lazy to emboss by hand lol! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jenny, this is just brilliant! Such an original and fun design - love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card...I need to make some, so thank you for reminding me to dig my embossing folders out....haven't used them in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Jenny for popping by my blog and saying hi! It was lovely to meet you! This is a little cutie! I haven't seen these dies around before ... but I guess now that I have said that I will see plenty! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fabby card for the bride and groom, jenny... love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect card for that perfect pair!!! Absolutely FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know I must sound like a broken records, but you are so creative! your art is so inspiring. This card is so sweet and perfectly execute! the embossing is the perfect, subtle embellishment. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet and pretty card, Jenny!! Stencil...huh...very cool...what a wonderful wedding card:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous sentiment on a wonderful card! Love the ivory and black it's such an elegant combo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is a favourite card of yours for me ... so so sweet and those shoes are just adorable, it's a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's this kind of card that makes you one of my favourite designers Jenny! It is perfect in every gorgeous detail! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fab quirky card, love these paired up bride and groom shoes! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic card- love the sentiment.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A very creative card! Definitely one to get excited about! Your daughter is also very talented. I know you're very proud of her.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous! I love the shoes, they are awesome. :) Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This card is fantastic!! Love it very much! Thanks so much for joiing us at Wee Memories Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just fantastic so very very very clever Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, those shoes are just too cute! Love how you sanded the groom's shoe to bring out the details.

    Glad to know a new light box is on its merry way to you so you can keep making cute cards like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...